||South Warren High School Bands
South Warren Band Boosters
South Warren Band Boosters
PO BOX 2608
Bowling Green, KY 42102
President: Doug Eberhart
- The President shall be a member of and serve on the Executive Committee of the South Warren High School Band Booster Organization.
- Shall prepare the agenda and preside at all meetings of the organization.
- Shall appoint all committees and serve as an Ex-Officio member of all committees.
- Shall oversee the general operation
- Shall appoint chair and co-chairpersons to standing and special committees authorized under these Bylaws, except where committees are otherwise designated as responsibilities of elected officers.
Vice President: Chester McNulty
- The First Vice President shall be a member of and serve on the Executive Committee.
- Shall preside at all meetings in the absence of the President.
- Shall assume all duties as delegated by the President.
- Is responsible for the establishment and oversight of the concessions program
Secretary: Amy Duvall
- The Secretary shall be a member of and serve on the Executive Committee of the South Warren High School Band Boosters Organization.
- Shall attend all meetings of the Band Booster Organization.
- Shall keep all records and minutes of all meetings of the Band Booster Organization.
- Shall attend to all correspondence for the Band Booster Organization.
- Shall keep all records current with State and Federal Organizations.
Treasurer: Shawn Stewart
- The Treasurer shall be a member of and serve on the Executive Committee of the South Warren High School Band Booster Organization.
- Shall receive all funds due the Band Boosters and deposit them in accordance with the regulations of the School and associated parties.
- Shall keep an accurate record of all receipts and disbursements showing the income and expense for each transaction and fund raising project separately.
- Shall secure adequate monies to provide “start up” cash prior to any activity requiring same.
- Shall be responsible for the security of all Band Booster monies.
- Shall pick up revenue left at the Band Director’s office at least weekly.
- Shall send notices to parents regarding payment and amounts owed
- shall not be necessary to furnish proof of any request by, or of the absence or disability of, the Secretary or Treasurer or any other Assistant Secretary or Assistant Treasurer, respectively.
Concession Stand Operation Committee – Chester McNulty Chair
- The Vice President shall serve as Chair and Chief Officer.
- Responsible for the general operation of the concession stands at all home football games and any other school sanctioned function in which the concession stands may be operated to benefit the band.
- Establishes the menu, orders the food, drinks and supplies, stocks the stands and clean and straighten after each game.
Special Events / Fund Raising Committee – Everyone and anyone ???
- The Fund Raising Committee selects and presents for approval all projects concerning fundraising, dinners, car washes, etc. excluding concession stand operations.
- Presents projects to the students, providing instruction for the project to the students.
- Oversees the completion of the fundraising projects and provides reports to the general members detailing successes.
Volunteer Committee- Angela Yount Chair
- Develops the schedule of each volunteer for the concession stand and delegates their work assignment.
- Notifies volunteers of their date(s) to work at the concession stands and will contact the volunteer as a reminder prior to their date to work.
- Recruits additional volunteers as needed for additional tasks
- Notifies parents of regular monthly meetings of the Band Booster Organization.
- In conjunction with the Publicity Committee will develop and maintain an e-mail listing of students, parents and members of the South Warren High School Band Booster Organization.
Student Support / Chaperone Committee –
- Obtains chaperones for each band activity. Chaperones give out hat plumes, travel in the buses with the band to its destination, accompanies band students when it is necessary for a band student to leave the main body of the band, watches the band’s designated seating area in the stands during each half-time performance, sets up and provide band students with halftime drinks, etc. and checks the stands after each game for any band instruments, hats or personal items left behind by band students.
- Helps prepare and distribute meals when necessary for practices, competitions and other times when appropriate.
- Recommends to the Trip Committee a list of preferred chaperones for trips outside of the normal school calendar.
Equipment Management Committee / Pit Crew— Mary Walker / Gary Mitchell Co-Chairs
- Responsible of the development, procurement and purchase of the necessary infrastructure needs of South Warren High School Band to ensure all equipment can be moved onto the field in time allotted for competitions.
- Responsible, along with designated chaperones or other officers, for the loading and unloading of all band instruments, plume containers, water coolers, drinks, drum major stand, guard equipment and any and all other items needed by the band at each band function.
- If a rental vehicle is leased they also arrange for pick up of the vehicle and bring it to the band room the day of travel and return it the following day to the leasing agency to ensure no additional charges are added.
- Arrange for any on field change of props, if needed, for competitions and performances.
- Arrange for the use of four wheeler or other type of vehicle to transport equipment from parking areas to competition field
- Works to ensure driver(s) are available to drive equipment vehicles to various locations.
- Ensures “pit instruments” are placed during performances and competitions
- Works in conjunction with drum line instructor to ensure adequate resources (human and other) are available to/ for performances.
Publicity Committee – John Lay Chair
- Obtains and transfers for placement in the South Warren High School Newspaper, the local city newspaper, and/or radio and TV stations, all information pertaining to the band regarding band projects, competitions, awards or any and all other general information concerning the band.
- Will work toward development of a regular monthly newsletter to be sent not only to parents and students but also to businesses or other supporters who express interest. .
- Shall create, update and maintain the web site
- Working in conjunction with the Volunteer Committee, will develop and maintain an email list of students, parents and members of the South Warren High School Band Booster Organization
Trip Committee—Susan Lackey and Nettie Lay
· Works with the band director(s) to establish an itinerary and budget including, but not limited to, transportation, lodging, meals, activities, and chaperones for out of town trips and events.
- Works closely with the chaperone committee to establish a list of preferred chaperones.
Uniform Committee—Jennifer Eberhart Chair
- Shall be responsible for seeing that uniforms and concert attire are cleaned and maintained.
- Shall see to it that, at a minimum, all Marching Band uniforms are cleaned as appropriate to include a final cleaning following the last performance of the season
- Shall present an up-to-date status of all uniforms and their needs at each monthly Executive Board and general membership meeting.
- At least one member of the Uniform Committee shall attend all performances and be prepared for emergency repairs / situations.
Spartan Card Organizers - Cathy Baker / Amy Duvall
Truck Driver / Balloon Tunes Parking Coordinator - Jon Roution
Bandwear - Nettie Lay